Alternatively, check out my tumblr at http://lookitsmelvin.tumblr.com/ for all your random needs or when you see i'm not posting on blogger.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Make a Psalmist O' Lord

Dear God,

I would just want to be a psalmist for you.
To write songs that relate people to who You are.
To be the bridge just like Jesus.
Just use me O' Lord.
Because You've seen every tear i've shed.
Your eyes discern the heart of men.
You've seen the troubles of my soul.
And You are always good, i believe it so.
Sometimes when i don't feel like walking anymore,
You pull me up and set me on my feet.
You catch me when i fall.
And then You ask me to keep walking.
But how long is the road O' Lord?
It never seems to end.
Along the way, my feet seem to be getting heavier with every step i take.
I feel like putting down the cross You've asked me to carry.
But just before it touches the floor,
and breaks into a million irreplaceable pieces,
You send people in my life.
Who tell me to never give up and to speak to me what You've been trying to for a long, long time.
O' who am i to deserve this?
Who am i that You are mindful of me?
I am at a lost for words but the words of thanksgiving can't seem to stop.
Praises be to Your name.
A song of rejoicing sings glory to your name.

I am broken O' Lord.
Broken enough for You to fix the pieces.
Broken enough to let the fragrance pour out of my soul.
A blessing to all nations,
is what You have called to my name.

And i will be Your instrument,
if You will be my musician.
Because like the trumpet that rings high the sound of victory,
I am exalted in your hands.
Like the harmonica which plays the blues of beggars,
I am the Your vessel of compassion.
Like the guitar that brings joyful melodies to people all around the world.
I am called to be blessed to be a blessing to everyone around me.
Like the violin that shrills the tone of sadness,
I am Your relation to the troubled.
Like the drums that echo beat after beat,
I make people dance at Your feet.
Like the instrument You've placed in my hands,
I will make music all for Your fans.

No comments: