Alternatively, check out my tumblr at http://lookitsmelvin.tumblr.com/ for all your random needs or when you see i'm not posting on blogger.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Just to address some thoughts, i needed this post.

Being 17 is definitely full of joy, but at the same time, confusion, bewilderment and insecurity.

Sometimes i look at the friendships my CHS friends share and i can't help but envy, thinking, have i given those friendships for church?
Then i must tell myself again, is it for church, or is it for God?
I am then reminded that we have to give up certain things to follow Christ, carrying my cross to follow You.
Though i look at see, Lord, i can't help but feel i could have been in that picture with them, but somehow i know, that what i see is only temporal and the only things that are of worth are the things that are eternal.

Sometimes i wonder, how can people not be concerned about where they are going after they die.


And another thing, the last month or so has me rather, well, in a state of ambivalence.
A double-minded shall be unstable in all his ways, and i've told myself i should be firm in the decision i make.
But i don't like to hurt people.
Given the only option i have, what else can i do?
Actions all have consequences.
But the consequences are determined by how we react to those actions.
You don't always have to 'pay' for your consequences.
You never know, you could always draw out the best in you in those times of trial.

Maybe i should not have led you on.
Because when i turn and look back
It seems like an unrecorded song.
An incomplete tune, cacophony with lyrics absurd
They make me feel like a complete bastard.
But i don't want to dwell in the place
So shallow so low
So dry so broken like a hidden plateau
I want to find comfort, from the heart within
The heart of worship, the heart free of sin.
No place is there Lord like the palm of your hand
Which soothes and cleanses my heart
My mind, soul and body
I know my problems are much,
They won't stop to tell
Of the times i've been broken
And the pieces fell
Deep in a well.
But the Lord is my strength,
my shield and my faith.
And in Him alone i will trust
because there my purpose remains.
My security and identity,
in a God that truly reigns.
So seek His kingdom first,
And all shall be added back to you.
And one day i know that that thing,
Indefinitely will be you. ;)

No comments: